If you’re an adult who has put off straightening your teeth because you don’t like the idea of spending a year or more with a mouth full of metal, orthodontic aligners are a great option for you!
We offer a well-known brand of aligners in our Crofton, MD dental office: Invisalign. Dr. Owens can help you select the one that is right for your smile. In the meantime, check out the advantages of aligner treatment:
- Practically Invisible – If you’re an adult, it’s hard not to feel self-conscious with braces in your mouth. But that’s not a concern with aligners. Since they are transparent, many people won’t even notice you’re wearing them.
- Faster Than Braces – Most adult patients finish their treatment with aligners within 12 months. That’s faster in most cases than treatment with braces.
- Eat What You Want – Braces wearers tend to skip certain foods because it’s not worth the hassle of trying to remove them from braces. You’ll take your aligners out prior to eating, so you won’t have to worry about dietary restrictions.
- Simple Oral Hygiene – Removable aligners also make it a breeze to keep your teeth clean. You won’t need special gear like a floss threader!
- Minimal Discomfort – Metal brackets and wires can rub up against sensitive tissue in your mouth, creating sore spots. Most patients find smooth plastic aligners easier to adjust to wearing. Plus, you won’t need uncomfortable adjustments.