Since you use them for eating, speaking, and more, your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) are some of the hardest-working joints in your body. If they become irritated and inflamed, they can also cause a great deal of pain. Fortunately, we offer TMJ treatment in Crofton that will:
- Prevent damaging wear and tear on your teeth
- Stop chronic jaw and muscle pain
- Offer relief from headaches and other TMJ symptoms
- Enable you to get a good night’s rest, with no sore jaw in the morning
If you’re experiencing jaw pain, call us today at 301-261-3800.
Stop Teeth Grinding & Relieve TMJ Pain With a Mouthguard
One of the things Dr. Sood looks for during your dental exams is excessive wear on your teeth. It’s often a sign of bruxism, or teeth grinding. This is not only bad for your teeth, but it also puts a great amount of pressure on your TMJ. Over time, this can cause a TMJ disorder (TMD).
If Dr. Sood determines dental issues are causing your TMJ dysfunction, she can fit you for a custom mouthguard. Wearing a mouthguard will:
- Prevent you from grinding and clenching, two habits that affect your jaw
- Improve the quality of your sleep
- Avoid restorative repair to teeth damaged by grinding
If Dr. Sood feels more complex factors are behind your TMJ problem, she can refer you to a specialist for further treatment.
Never Ignore TMJ Symptoms
The sooner you address the underlying issues causing your TMJ pain, the sooner you will get relief. Contact us if you are experiencing:
- Nagging jaw pain
- Frequent headaches
- Earaches and/or ringing in your ears
- Facial tenderness, especially around your jaw
- Trouble opening and closing your mouth
- Clicking or popping noises when chewing
For TMJ treatment in Crofton, call us at 301-261-3800 or request an appointment online. Our office is conveniently located at 1664 Village Green, just off Crofton Parkway.